* Includes FREE Worldwide Shipping
is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but it won't ship until it becomes available again.
DVD8 Large & Small Cakes*
The Grand Gâteau is the "pièce de résistance" of desserts and is indispensable to your special occasion. Petit Gâteau is the dainty version. With guidance from Chef Pâtissier Alain Desgranges, you will delight in creating their elegant forms and subtle flavours.
* PLEASE NOTE: In order to make the products demonstrated in this DVD you need to have the fundamental skills of Patisserie which are available in DVD1 to DVD7 of this series.
Running time: 2hrs 10mins
Large & Small Cakes Sample Video
Large & Small Cake Recipes
In this instructional DVD you will learn to make the following:
- Apple Tart (4:51)
- Lemon Tarts (3:35)
- Tarts out of Oven (2:09)
- Mascote (7:20)
- Moka Cake, Succès (10:26)
- Chocolate Meringue Ball (2:49)
- Opéra (4:24)
- Fraisier (14:44)
- Millefeuille (4:54)
- Margeurite (3:18)
- Bûche de Noël (9:19)
- Chocolate Coupe (5:32)
- Lining Bavarois (5:46)
- Chocolate Mousse For Bavarois (5:55)
- Fruit Mousse For Bavarois (12:48)
- Filling Bavarois Moulds (5:58)
- Cream for Bavarois (9:26)
- Decorating Bavarois (10:58)
- Final Presentation (5:42)
Large & Small Cakes: List of Products Made
- Almond Cream "Crème D"Amande"
- Apple Compote
- Bavarian Cream
- Butter Cream "Crème au Beurre"
- Chiboust Cream
- Choux Pastry
- Creme Anglaise "Crème Anglaise"
- Pastry Cream "Crème Pâtissière"
- Genoise Sponge
- Italian Meringue
- Joconde Biscuit "Biscuit Joconde"
- Lemon Tart
- Chocolate Bavarois
- Pear, Apricot, Banana, Raspberry Mousses
- Puff Pastry
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Sponge Finger
- Stock Syrup
- Sweet Pastry
- Apple Tart
- Bavarois Apricot, Chocolate, Coffee, Chocolate, Cointreau & Raspberry
- French Christmas Log "Bûche de Noël"
- Caprice Cake (Banana & Chocolate)
- Charlotte Russe Cake
- Fraisier Cake
- Lemon Tart
- Vanilla Slice "Millefeuille"
- Moka Cake
- Opéra Cake
- Poirier (Pear Cake)
- Succès or Progrès
- Variety of small cakes
I have a little bit of icing sugar on the Millefeuille and I have put that under the salamander to give the pastry a nice little colour and now it has set I just have to put some little decorations on it like a little pear, and a little fig. I might put a little cream here so that the fig sticks. Here is a little Millefeuille with a Cream Chiboust.