* Includes FREE Worldwide Shipping
is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but it won't ship until it becomes available again.
DVD5 Puff Pastry
Let Chef Patissier Alain Desgranges show you the art of Puff Pastry making. From entrées to desserts, Puff Pastry is one of the most versatile pastries in French Patisserie.
Running time: 2hrs 24mins
Puff Pastry Sample Video
Puff Pastry Recipes
In this instructional DVD you will learn to make the following:
- Making Puff Pastry (15:08)
- Vol-au-Vent (13:25)
- Allumette au Sucre, Conversation, Puit d’Amour (13:46)
- Allumette au Fromage and Cheese Sticks (4:39)
- Pantin, Friand, Pithivier, Galette, Jalousie (31:22)
- Palmier, Framboisier, Palmier (11:44)
- Sacristan (3:28)
- Apple Turnover, Cream Horn, Vanilla Slice, Bande de Fruit, Finishing Puit d'Amour (34:32)
- Almond Cream (4:51)
- Apple Compote (3:27)
- Final Presentation (3:33)
Puff Pastry: List of Products Made
- Vol au Vent "Vol au Vent"
- Sausage Roll
- Ham/Cheese/Béchamel pastry roll "Pantin"
- Almond cream Gateau "Pithivier"
- Plain puff pastry gateau "Galette"
- Almond Cream gateau (small)"Jalousie"
- Puff Pastry Fruit Rectangle "Bande de Fruit"
- Pastry Cream Horn "Cornet à la Crème"
- Apple Turnover "Chausson aux pommes"
- Vanilla Slice "Millefeuille"
- Sugar Matchstick "Allumette au Sucre"
- Almond Cream Filling with Royal Icing "Conversation"
- Puff Pastry Cream & Cherry filling "Puit d'Amour"
- Puff Pastry Rolled in Sugar and Almonds "Sacristan"
- Puff Pastry Pigs Ears "Palmier"
- Puff Pastry with raspberry jam "Framboisier"
- Caramelised Puff Pastry "Papillon"
- Cheese Matchstick "Allumette au Fromage"
I am going to make the Palmier, the Framboisier, which is almost like a Palmier but is cut in a different way and the Papillon which is made by twisting the Puff Pastry. Puff Pastry has four turns not five and you do the last roll in sugar instead of flour. I’ve got a little bit of caster sugar and normal sugar, you need a fair bit of sugar and I do the same roll instead of turning it I do exactly the same thing because they have to grow a certain way in the oven, you will see.