is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but it won't ship until it becomes available again.
From the home kitchen to the shop window, French biscuits are a hallmark of the French culture. From the art of macarons, to the craftmanship of florentines, Alain will guide you through the traditional techniques in biscuit making.
Running time: 2hrs 33mins
Biscuits Traditionnels Sample Video
Biscuits Traditionnels Recipes
In this instructional video you will learn to make the following:
- Biscuit Cuillère (Sponge Finger) (11:33)
- Biscuit Joconde (08:32)
- Cigarette (17:17)
- Florentine (8:44)
- Fours aux Amandes (5:37)
- Friand aux Amandes (8:29)
- Langue de Chat & Palet de Dame (5:02)
- Macaron (10:33)
- Macaron (traditional) (5:11)
- Méringue (15:21)
- Progrès / Succès (11:13)
- Shortbread (7:55)
- Sponge (5:30)
- Tuiles aux Amandes (7:33)
- Tuiles Dentelles à l’Orange (6:54)
- Viennese Biscuit (9:32)
- Almond Cream For Progrès (4:51)
- Final Presentation (03:05)
Biscuits Traditionnels: List of Products Made
- Almond Cream "Crème D'Amande"
- Baton Marechaux "Bâton Maréchaux"
- Biarritz "Biarritz"
- Champagne Biscuit Biscuit Cuillère
- Meringue Mushroom Champignon
- Cigarettes "Cigarettes"
- Eponge "Eponge"
- Florentine "Florentine"
- Almond Biscuit "Four aux Amandes"
- Almond Friands "Friand aux Amandes"
- Sponge "Genoise"
- Joconde Biscuit "Biscuit Joconde"
- Cat's Tongue & Palet de Dame "Langue de Chat & Palet de Dame"
- Traditional Macaroon "Macaron Traditionel"
- Macaroon "Macaron Lisse"
- Meringue "Méringue"
- Penguin Meringue "Pingouin,
- Shell Meringue Coquille Meringe
- Progres & Succes "Progrès & Succès"
- Shortbread "Sablé"
- Viennese Shortbread "Sablé Dressé"
- Almond Tiles "Tuiles aux Amandes"
- Lacy Tiles "Tuiles Dentelles"
- Vacherin Meringue Basket "Vacherin"
<< Choux Pastry | Creams & Sauces >>
Now in France almost every Patissier makes Sables or Shortbread and they all have their little special recipe and most of them will have sables maison, which means shortbread from the house. I am going to make a recipe, which is a standard shortbread recipe. There is one part sugar, two parts butter, three parts flour, plain flour. I’ve got 50 grams, 100 grams and 150 grams. I will mix them using a mixer, I put the butter first then the icing sugar and then the flour and all of these ingredients mixed will give me a certain consistency.