is currently backordered. You may still purchase it now but it won't ship until it becomes available again.
An apprenticeship in French Patisserie would not be complete without learning how to perfect Choux Pastry. It is the basis for many traditional French pastries.
Running time: 1hr 46mins
Choux Pastry Sample Video
Choux Pastry Recipes
In this instructional video you will learn to make the following:
- Making Choux Pastry (4:59)
- Piping & Cooking Choux Pastry (17:46)
- Preparing Choux Pastry for Filling (3:17)
- Crème Pâtissière (13:01)
- Filling Choux Pastry (4:56)
- Caramel (8:46)
- Fondant (6:21)
- Icing Choux Pastry (6:19)
- Croquembouche (9:29)
- Chantilly Cream (8:15)
- Ganache (2:52)
- Butter Cream (13:13)
- Decorating Choux Pastry (6:07)
Choux Pasty: List of Products Made
- Réligieuse Coffee & Chocolate "Réligieuse café/chocolat"
- Éclair Coffee & Chocolate "Éclair: café/chocolat"
- Choux Pastry: Kirsch, Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Rum
- Swan: Choux "Cygne: Choux"
- Paris Brest
- St Honore "St Honoré"
- Petits Fours
- Butter Cream "Crème au Beurre"
- Pastry Cream "Crème Pâtissière"
- Chantilly Cream "Crème Chantilly"
- Ganache Cream "Crème Ganache"
- Fondant Icing
Now I am going to make Pate a Choux or Choux Pastry. Pate a Choux or Choux Pastry is a very popular dough in France. Not only is it used in Patisserie to make Eclairs,Religieuse, Profiteroles, Salambo, Gateaux St Honore, Croquembouche it is also used by chefs in restaurants to make Quenelles and Pommes Dauphines and all sorts of other little delicacies. Now to make Pate a Choux you need a stainless steel pot, you need water, I’ve got 250ml of water, 4 grams of salt, 125 grams of butter, the butter has been diced and the stove is on full.